Arkansas Family Rescued From Fire By Goat! (VIDEO)

posted by DJ Taylor - 

From around my old stomping grounds in Northeast Arkansas, a family is safe... Thanks to their pet goat, Speedy! 

Nick Bruce and his family, from Weiner, AR, are crediting Speedy the goat with saving their lives after a fire broke out inside their home in the middle of the night.

10-year-old Abigail says Speedy detected the fire and woke her up by jumping on her in bed. Abigail then ran to her parents' room to wake them up. Smoke was starting to fill up the house, so the family jumped out of a window and escaped onto the front lawn. Luckily no one was injured.

If not for Speedy the goat, who the family got just two days earlier as a birthday present for Abigail, the story could have had a tragic ending.

The Weiner Fire Department and the Jonesboro Fire Department set up a fund to help the family.

If you would like to help, call the Jonesboro Fire Department at (870) 932-2428.

DJ Taylor

DJ Taylor

Want to know more about DJ Taylor? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on KSSN 96! Read more

title

Content Goes Here