No matter how hard we try, it becomes harder and harder to find time to go out with friends and just have fun as we get older. Now a new poll shows just how bad it gets for some people.
A new British survey, which could easily translate here, finds:
- 40% of people say it has become harder for them to regularly socialize with friends as they get older.
- A fifth of people say they find it difficult to take the time to just have fun.
- The average adult says it’s been three weeks since they’ve actually been able to relax and have fun.
- But when they do so, people say they feel:
- Happy (56%)
- Refreshed (45%)
- Free (38%)
- But people feel they need four consecutive days off from their normal routine to truly feel the effects.
- The poll notes that 24 was the age most considered the “peak age” to have fun.
- 46% of people admit thy miss that feeling of being young and free.
So, what are some of the most popular ways people let their hair down and have fun? They include:
- Listen to music
- Go out for food
- Go on a weekend away
- Eat comfort food
- Celebrate a birthday
- Go to a bar
- Go on a shopping spree
- Play ‘throwback’ music
- Sing out loud
- Take time off from work
Source: SWNS Digital