It certainly isn’t easy finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, but once you start dating someone, when do you know it’s the right time to take things to the next step and make it legal? Well, a new survey set out to discover just that.
The poll finds:
- 50% of Americans say they knew the instant they met their current partner they were going to marry them.
- The average couple polled has been together six years, and it took two years for them to know this was their forever partner.
- So, what are some of the biggest signs that a relationship is getting really serious?
- Well, they include:
- Introducing your partner to your family and friends (67%)
- Meeting the parents (52%)
- Buying an engagement ring (52%)
- Labeling the relationship (46%)
- Seeing each other more than once a week (38%)
- Deleting dating apps from your phone (37%)
- Good morning/good night texts and calls (36%)
- Having "expected" plans (34%)
- Showing your partner your favorite hangout spots (30%)
- Visiting your partner at work (25%)
- When it comes to popping the question, 71% want a traditional proposal, with one partner getting down on one knee.
- 71% say the cost of the ring isn’t really what’s important to them.
- Although, 43% of couples say they shared the cost of the ring.
- Most people say SO’s should save up five months to buy the ring.
- 64% would like to accompany their partner when they buy the ring.
Source: SWNS Digital