Southern Summer nights are the perfect escape from the hot days, especially when the River Market’s outdoor film series returns to the First Security Amphitheater.
Sponsored by the Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau, this annual two-month event turns 13 when it returns Wednesday, June 7. Every Wednesday at sundown in June and July, family and friends unroll their blankets and unfold their chairs to relax and enjoy award-winning films ranging from animated to action for all ages.
With a lineup that has earned five Academy Awards and seven Golden Globes, the 13th season of Movies in the Park will be one for every member of the family to enjoy, with select films featuring live entertainment before.
The 2017 lineup includes:
- · June 7: La La Land (PG-13, 2016)
- · June 14: Maleficent (PG, 2014)
- · June 21: The Karate Kid (PG, 1983)
- · June 28: Creed (PG-13, 2015)
- · July 5: Daddy’s Home (PG-13, 2015)
- · July 12: Finding Dory (PG, 2016)
- · July 19: Captain America: The First Avenger (PG-13, 2011)
- · July 26: The Magnificent Seven (PG-13, 2016)
Families, picnics, and leashed pets are invited to the park to enjoy movies under the star, but no glass containers. An adult must accompany all children under the age of 18 and an ID is required. The amphitheater will open an hour before film showings and movies with begin at sundown each week. For more information about Movies in the Park and to see which films will feature live performances before the showings, visit www.moviesintheparklr.net or find more on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MoviesInTheParkLittleRock.